Views: 678 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-03-15 Origin: Site
Preparing for Installation
Installing kitchen cupboard door knobs is a simple process that anyone can do with the right tools and a little bit of know-how. Here's how to install door knobs on your kitchen cabinets:
Installing kitchen cabinet door knobs is a great way to update the look of your kitchen without investing a lot of money into a larger remodeling project. Before you begin this project, it's important to take the necessary steps to ensure that the installation is successful.
1. Gather supplies: To install the door knobs, you will need a drill with a 3/16-inch drill bit, a screwdriver, the knobs, and screws that come with them.
2. Measure: Before you begin drilling, take the time to measure and mark where each knob should be. For consistency, the knobs should be placed at the same height and distance from the edge on each cabinet face.
3. Prepare the cabinets: Clean your cabinets with a gentle cleaner to remove any dust or debris. Once they are clean, place a piece of masking tape over the area where you plan to drill to prevent chipping.
4. Drill holes: Use a 3/16-inch drill bit to carefully drill a hole through the cabinet face. Be sure to drill the hole straight, so the knob sits level. Repeat this step for each cabinet face.
5. Attach knobs: Thread the screw through the back of the knob and into the hole you drilled. Tighten the screw until the knob sits securely in place.
%1. Clean up: Remove the masking tape and any debris, and enjoy your newly installed cabinet knobs.
If you are looking to refresh the look of your kitchen cabinets and don't have the budget for a complete renovation, replacing the knobs can be a quick and easy way to create a new vibe. Here are some tips to help you handle the process of replacing your kitchen cabinet door knobs.
1. Determine the size: Before heading to the store to buy your new knobs, measure the distance between screws in your cabinet pull. This will make it easier to choose the right size knob and ensure that it will fit well into your existing hardware.
2. Remove the old knobs: To remove the old knobs, use a screwdriver to unscrew the existing hardware. The knobs should easily pop out of the front of the cabinet.
3. Prepare the new knobs: Once you have selected the new knobs, remove any labels or tags, and wipe them down with a damp cloth to remove any dust or debris.
4. Insert screws: If your new knobs come with screws, you will need to insert them through the back of the cabinet door and screw them into the knob. If you have a pull-style knob, you will need to insert screws into your final piece of hardware.
5. Tighten the screws: Once the screws are in place, use a screwdriver to tighten them. Be sure to avoid overtightening, as this can strip the hole or cause the knob to be too difficult to grab.
6. Clean up: Once you have finished installing the knobs, thoroughly clean your cabinets to remove any dust or debris from the installation process. Then sit back and admire your new cabinet knobs!